6 Simple Gas Safety Tips To Keep You Safe & Warm This Winter
The colder months are upon us & it's the time of year that we rely on gas more than ever to keep us warm & provide hot water.
But gas safety is not to be taken for granted. It's essential that all your gas appliances are working properly, efficiently, safely & don't break down when you & your family need them the most.
Ensure you are warm & safe over the forthcoming months with our gas safety tips:
1. Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix & service your appliances. We are proud to be on the official register. Our membership number is 621972.
2. If you require an engineer in your home, check both sides of their Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the ID card.
3. Have all your gas appliances regularly serviced & safety checked every year. If you rent your home ask for a copy of the landlord's current Gas Safety Record.
4. Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning can be a silent killer. Protect yourself & your loved ones by knowing the six signs of CO poisoning - headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
If you suspect CO poisoning, do the following:
- Get fresh air immediately. Open doors and windows, turn off gas appliances and leave the house.
- See your doctor immediately or go to hospital - let them know that you suspect CO poisoning. They can do a blood or breath test to check.
- If you think there is an immediate danger, call the Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999.
- Contact us & ask for one of our Gas Safe registered engineers to inspect your gas appliances and flues to see if there is a dangerous problem.
5. Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
6. Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
Awareness of gas safety can not only ensure you stay warm this winter, it can save lives. If you're in doubt about any of your gas appliances, it's always best to trust in a professional. All our relevant staff are Gas Safe Registered and we're happy to provide no obligation advice and answer any of your questions over the phone.
For Urgent Enquiries
& Warranty Issues 01295 266756Lines open 24 hours
Book Your Quote Now!
Vantage Business Park
Bloxham Road Banbury Oxfordshire OX16 9UX United Kingdom